Digestion is at the root of most of the conditions we treat and is critically important to being healthy.
Everything from skin conditions, to abdominal bloating to low energy can all be linked back to the digestive system. We believe in food as medicine and emphasize that it is the foundation for your well being. We will look at your nutritional intake and assess any areas that may need some changing.
We can assess whether or not food sensitivities are present, whether there are nutritional deficiencies and whether your digestive system is in good working. Dietary changes and supplements are recommended as needed. Whether on your plate or substituted in pill form, nutrition is a powerful element of any treatment plan.
Reasons you might want to consult us include:
- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Food sensitivities and intolerances (we diagnose using a blood test)
- General bloating, gas and indigestion
- GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Colitis & Crohns disease
- Leaky gut syndrome
- Chronic constipation
- Suspected SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth)
- Your child is displaying signs of reflux, colic, constipation/diarrhea, etc.
We can help determine if you:
- Are digesting properly
- Have food sensitivities
- Have nutrient deficiencies
- Have leaky gut syndrome
- Have SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth)
- Have a candida overgrowth
- Have too little or too much stomach acid
- Have parasites
- Have any digestive symptom that is contributing to your other health concerns
In any case, we are always looking to treat the root cause of the issue. For example, if your bloating is due to eating gluten, we can diagnose a gluten sensitivity using our blood test. Even if you had celiac testing and it was negative, you can still be sensitive to gluten, which can cause mild to severe symptoms including bloating, skin rashes, bowel issues, etc.
Food Sensitivity Testing & SIBO Testing
We like to get to the root cause of what is going on and our favourite tools include the Food Sensitivity Test & the SIBO breath test. Please speak to us about what test would be best for you.
Reasons you would get testing:
- You always feel bloated/gassy after meals
- You have a skin condition like eczema or psoriasis
- Your child has learning disabilities including concentration issues
- You suffer from chronic migraines
- You have trouble losing weight
- You have IBS or suspect you do
- You have tried elimination diets or figuring it out on your own and just can’t put your finger on what is bothering you
- You’ve had a negative Celiac test but still question whether gluten bothers you